Re: Q: windows port

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 12:42:41 PDT

    Frans Verster wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I'd like to connect SANE via CORBA to our image processing library. Do you
    > is thre a port of SANE to windows NT/2000? Or if not, can someone point out
    > what the difficulties would be?
    >
    > Hints & tips are welcomed by Frans

    Hello Frans,

    the sane backends do not run on windows in the moment.
    I think it is not really hard to add support for the scsi
    scanners. You "only" have to add support for the windows
    aspi layer in sanei_scsi.c, parport also may be relative
    simple. About USB support I have no idea.

    When you only want to run a client on windows and the scanner
    is connected on a unix machine you can use the network API of SANE.

    xsane does run on windows as a network scanning frontend.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de