Re: Agfa StudioScan IIsi [long]

From: Jet Set Willy (jsw@manic-miner.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 03:09:53 PDT

    Arggghhh........

    Sorry about that last post - it got sent before
    its time. Please put it down my new baby which
    means late nights, early mornings and no sleep
    for me.
    In theory I do know *something* about computers
    and should be able to work email - honestly. I
    can just hear the collective voices of the mailing
    list - "Heres a guy who wants to get his scanner
    working and can't even work his email". Argggh.
    Anyway as I was saying....

    I suspect its bad netiquette to reply to your own post
    but here goes...

    ...just re-read my previous message and realised
    the two parameters I was changing are mentioned
    in the dump file I posted.
    They are (of course) norealcal and noprecal.
    Seems like chaning the norealcal got me closet
    to working.
    So reading further down the file and taking
    a stab in the dark guess it looks like the scanner
    isn't responding to the recalibration quick enough
    ( or am I barking up the wrong tree altoghether ?)
    Is there a parameter I can set to change this so
    that it trys for longer before timing out ? Will
    it always have to recalibrate each time I boot up
    the pc ?

    Hope somebody can help.
    Cheers,
    JSW (who is now off to try and catch up on some sleep
    in the stationary cupboard.)