Re: Return values of sane_init() (Was: EOF detection)

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 11:31:31 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > Another return value that is currently in use is SANE_STATUS_INVAL
    > (snapscan, if V_MAJOR != major version of backend).

    Hi,

    the test of the snapscan backend is a bit strange.
    It checks in which environment it is compiled.

    If it is compiled in a (e.g.) sane 2 package the backend
    gets unusable and will complain all the time about a
    major version conflict. I don`t think this makes much sense.

    The backend has not enough information to test the sane version number
    so I think the backend should not test the sane major version number
    at all. The frontend has to do the test because the frontend knows
    the backend version number and the version number it can support.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de