Re: how to write a manpage

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 05:31:17 PDT

    On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 01:57:24PM +0200, Karsten Festag wrote:
    > Hi all developers,
    > I've never written a manpage before, but now it's time to start. What is
    > the best strategy and what tools to use?

    Look at the existing manpages using a text editor.
    Read http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Man-Page.html.
    Ususally I'm using (x)emacs for writing manual pages and something
    like nroff -man sane.man|less for viewing them. You can use "variables"
    like @DOCDIR@ for inclusion of the paths used in the current
    installation. See doc/Makefile.in for a list.

    Bye,
      Henning