Re: canon

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 08:42:53 PDT

    On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 08:40:38AM +0200, Ulrich Deiters wrote:
    > Does the transition from sane-1.0.4 to 1.0.5 require changes to the
    > backends?

    I don't think so. The API remains compatible for all 1.x versions and
    I don't think there were SANE-internal changes that require changes in
    the backend. However some bugs were found which may be in other
    backend, too (see TODO file).

    > Will there be a subroutine set that takes care of basic USB-IO, i.e.,
    > something analogous to sane-scsi.c ?

    At least until now nobody has written such a file. At least concerning
    the Linux scanner module I don't see any advantages in this (just
    simple reads) but if there are any, please tell me. I don't know if
    this may be interesting concerning libusb or other operating systems.

    Bye,
      Henning