Re: Agfa StudioScan IIsi

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 11:21:52 PDT

    On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 09:20:24AM +0100, Jet Set Willy wrote:
    > scanimage -L seems to find the scanner ok -> 'microtek:/dev/sga'
    > cat /proc/scsi/scsi seems to have the correct info which I use
    > to edit the /etc/sane.d/microtek.conf file
    > however when I try scanimage I get the error
    >
    > sane_start: Error during device I/O
    >
    > I am using sane version 1.0.2 so after working my way thru
    > the sane web site I have downloaded version 1.0.4 which
    > I shall try to install tonight when I get back home.
    >
    > Does anyone know what else I could try ? (I suspect that
    > I might be able to get more info if I checked the logs ????
    > is this correct and if so where are the logs ???)

    SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK=255 scanimage -L
    SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK=255 scanimage -d microtek:/dev/sga >out.pnm

    > Finally I tried to search the archived mailing list messages
    > but the search link is broken - anyone know of an alternative ?

    Looks like home.pages.de is down currently. Try one of the standard
    search engines, at least I have found sane-devel articles in google.com.

    E.g. search for "sane-devel microtek Error during device"
    Bye,
      Henning