Re: [dev] TODO list and time table for 1.0.5

From: Sebastien Sable (Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 03:34:43 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> writes:

    > This is the TODO file for sane-backends. Backend maintainers who want
    > to add their backends to SANE please don't do that only one or two
    > days before feature freeze. It would be nice to have enough time to
    > test the backends and fix compilation and runtime problems.

    > - include snapscan updates http://sourceforge.net/projects/snapscan

    I think it is the right time to do this one: most scanners have been
    reported to work successfully. Some which were reported as not working
    were working for other people so I suspect it is not a problem with
    the backend but rather with installation of the patch or something.
    Even if it is not the case, this version correctly supports a lot more
    devices than the one in sane-1.0.4.

    Most of the issues that you mentionned some time ago were fixed
    (except perhaps the compilation under other unixes, unfortunatelly I
    don't have access to those other unixes).

    I don't feel like asking a CVS account because I don't expect to do
    lot of modifications to the code (I have a few other free softare
    project to deal with and I am quite happy with the backend as it is
    now, except for unsupported devices). Applying patches or minor bugs
    fixes to the snapscan code is ok however, but I think sourceforge is
    quite convenient for this. So if it is ok with you, I would appreciate
    if you could do the update in sane CVS. Or may be one of the other
    maintainers of the snapscan backend may like to do this?

    --
    Sébastien Sablé <Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr>
    http://inova.snv.jussieu.fr/~sable/