Re: Canon N656U/lm983x/NS/Merlin specifications

From: Simon Heywood (simon.heywood@physics.org)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 23:26:28 PDT

    On Fri, 11 May 2001, Dec wrote:
    > Since you're in the process of writing a sane backend, I
    > thought perhaps I could help you out.

    I'm trying to develop a driver for the FB630U (don't know how similar
    these models are) but I've had to suspend work on it due to University
    final exams. :-( Feel free to wait for more authoritative answers from the
    canonscanner-devel crew.

    > What documents/specifications have you found?

    Canon are generally well known for their unwillingness to release any kind
    of specifications for their scanners, and I've got absolutely nowhere
    during several phone calls to their UK offices.

    I'd be pleased to hear how you get on with this project.

    --
      Simon Heywood <simon.heywood@physics.org>
      website: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~phucq/