Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 12:15:28 PDT

    On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:53:55AM -0700, Paul Nixon wrote:
    > Anyway, I have *fixed* the scanner not found error I received earlier by
    > relinking libsane.so.1 to libsane-snapscan.so.1.0.4.

    That is almost certainly not what you wanted, even if it works. It will
    prevent you from using another non-Snapscan scanner or a network scanner.

    > Now, any chance someone might know what's causing my scanned image to look
    > like it's been put through the shredder?? Once again, greyscale and lineart
    > are fine. Color looks like it scans a bit then staircases, scans a bit, and
    > so on.

    It's quite possible that this is a backend problem.

    > I thought xscanimage was a frontend to scanimage. Is this not so? Scanimage
    > produces a perfect scan. Xsane-0.76 is also shredded, just not quite as bad.

    No, scanimage and xscanimage are separate front ends, the only similarity
    is the name and common contributors AFAIK.

    Nick.