Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 10:37:33 PDT

    On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 08:14:34AM +0200, Morten Sickel wrote:
    > >Any problems with compilation?
    > HPs make had problems with some of the Makefiles, when I swithced to gmake,
    > all went well, this should be mentioned in the readme.HP-UX, along the lines
    > of:
    > HPs make utility may have problems with some of the Makefiles, if it
    > complains about missing sparators, please try gmake.

    This is already mentioned in README but I will add something like this
    to the HP-UX README, too.

    > >I don't know why this [saned craches under inetd] happens. Petter and me
    > >fixed some possible bugs concerning networking in the last week but I don't
    > >know if this is related. There is a current CVS snapshot at
    > >http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/sane-cvs-2001-05-10.tar.gz if you
    > >like to test.
    >
    > Would like to, but according to gcc:
    >
    > In file included from isfdtype.c:1:
    > ../include/sane/config.h:391: warning: function declaration isn't a
    > prototype
    > ../include/sane/config.h:396: warning: function declaration isn't a
    > prototype
    > isfdtype.c:9: warning: no previous prototype for `isfdtype'
    > isfdtype.c: In function `isfdtype':
    > isfdtype.c:10: storage size of `st' isn't known

    Ooops. stat doesn't seem to be defined in <sys/stat.h>. Can you check
    if this is true? Must _POSIX_SOURCE be defined for this to work? Can
    you look at sane-backends/include/sane/config.h if _POSIX_SOURCE is
    defined on your platform?

    This file wasn't changed after 1.0.4 so the problem must be somewhere
    else.

    > But: now xsane stopped working from my windows box. Even though scanimage
    > works fine, xsane claims it cannot find the device, it doesn't seem to
    > contact the server at all, no output is produced with SANE_DEBUG_SANEI,
    > SANE_DEBUG_DLL and SANE_DEBUG_HP all set to 255
    >
    > ie:
    > scanimage.exe -dserver.nrpa.no:hp:/dev/scanner
    > works whereas
    > xscan.exe -dserver.nrpa.no:hp:/dev/scanner
    > doesn't find the scanner

    Atleast on unix the syntax is:

    xscanimage server.nrpa.no:hp:/dev/scanner

    -d is only used with scanimage.

    Bye,
      Henning