SV: Xsane - (w)insane?

From: Morten Sickel (Morten.Sickel@nrpa.no)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 02:17:18 PDT

    Oliver wrote:
    >Morten Sickel (I) wrote
    [snip]

    >> ie:
    >> scanimage.exe -dserver.nrpa.no:hp:/dev/scanner
    >> works whereas
    >> xscan.exe -dserver.nrpa.no:hp:/dev/scanner
    >> doesn't find the scanner

    >set up c:\sane\etc\sane.d\net.conf
    When I then also commented out all the unused entries in dll.conf, then it
    worked fine again. Thanks a lot! (I was running it under cygwin and then it
    read another net.conf. Is it possible to put that file somewhere else for
    running xsane under windows without cygwin? I don't like having to make a
    new directory under c:\ just to put one file there)

    BTW, Are there any easy way to define which drivers to compile in the
    Makefile?

    my proposal:
    If nothing is done: compile everything as now

    add possible swithces to ./configure --with-scanner-hp --with-scanner-agfa
    etc.

    read dll.conf, compile only those dlls that are not commented out.

    Of cource, this makes it a bit more difficult to change / add a scanner, but
    how often happens that?

    (I do not have any experience writing ./configure or Makefiles, so I do not
    know if this is feasible,)

    regards

    Morten Sickel

    Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority