Re: EOF detection

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 04:08:24 PDT

    On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 12:11:42PM +0200, mh wrote:
    > I don't know whether one should call it a bug in XSane; at least it could be
    > easily solved by calling sane_get_parameters() after sane_start() has been
    > called. (Oliver?)

    Yes, that's a bug. The specification clearly tells frontend authors that
    the backend can't necessarily be expected to provide _accurate_ values
    for sane_get_parameters() without being given an instruction to start.

    If XSane wants to rely on the parameters it needs to update them after it
    calls sane_start(), presumably Oilver's scanner happens to let him get
    away without.

    Given Oliver's rapid updates I'm sure we can expect a fixed XSane soon.

    Nick.