Re: ioperm problem with xsane

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 08:10:03 PDT

    "[chase] j." wrote:

    > When attempt to run xsane after clicking "Accept" in the dialog
    > box, I get an error stating: "ioperm: Operation not permitted".
    >
    > Any takers?
    >
    > Sorry if this is a repeated question. I accidentally deleted
    > all the replies in my mailbox.

    Hi,

    xsane does not use ioperm. It only can be a backend problem.
    A solution would propaply be to run xsane as root, but this is
    dangerous.
    Please contact the author of your backend on subscribe to the
    sane mailing linst on http://www.mostang.com/sane and ask the
    question in the sane-devel list.

    Bye
    Oliver