RE: SANE API & file format

From: shailendra mehta (shailendra.mehta@tatainfotech.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 21:57:36 PDT

    Hi Oliver,
    I am new to this standard & what I understood from the source code that
    SANE is sending scanned document in terms of SANE_bytes with the help
    of SANE_read function.Pls explain me in detail how to do conversion of these
    bytes
    in whatever format I want.
    Which is the format of these bytes read is not known.Or I have to store in a
    temporary file
    as is?
    My first problem is storing these files in specific format.
    Once this is done I can use libtiff / libjpeg APIs to convert current form
    to tiff/jpeg.
    What you have replied below is not very clear to me.
    Pls help me.

    Thanks & regards
    Bye
    --Shailendra

    Hi,

    for sane-1 you have to uncompress the data you get from the scanner
    and send the data in RGB format to the frontend.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de