Re: SANE API & file format

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 10:05:52 PDT

    oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de said:
    > The question is if we should extend the sane-1 standard for new file
    > formats that will be incompatible to the sane-2 standard.

    That's a good point. I admit that I also don't have time to implement
    sane-1 drivers with extensions that would be incompatible with sane-2.
    (Nor do I have the time to implement sane-1 drivers that are worthless
    due to the lack of such an extension.)

    Haven't seen a sane-2 standard, though, so I offered a suggested way
    to support format types that a mythical sane-2 might use and that would
    be compatible with sane-1 software.

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,