Re: : trust imagery 1200 wont work with xscanimage "no sane device"

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 09:41:58 PDT

    On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 07:33:22AM +0100, B C J P wrote:
    > scanimage -L did:
    > device mustek:/dev/sg1 is a Mustek MFS-6000CXflatbed scanner.

    Looks ok.

    > I tried as it suggest in the SuSE config book
    > scanimage -d mustek:/dev/sg1
    >
    > This just produced SANE data follows 610 998 255......and then lots of
    > garbled stuff.

    That's ok! This is your image data. If you want to save it, just use
    "scanimage -d mustek:/dev/sg1 >image.pnm". Then you have scanned a
    fulls size gray image and you can view it with e.g. "gimp image.pnm"
    or "xv image.pnm". With "scanimage -d mustek:/dev/sg1 --help" you can
    see all the options possible with your scanner.

    Try xscanimage or xsane instead of scanimage. These may be easier.

    > Don't know what debug level=5 means.....

    Look at the man page (man sane-mustek). You can output debugging
    information by setting the SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK variable to a value > 0.
    e.g. SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5 scanimage -L. But that's not necessary as
    your scanner seems to work now.

    > All I saw on the XConsole and
    > /var/log/messages lots of repeated stuff like
    > /modules/2.2.18/misc bttv.o init_module: Device or resource busy

    Looks like your TV card is not configured correctly (or not existent).

    > I read all the troubleshooter and README but don't know which one is my
    > problem!

    There doesn't seem to be any problem :-)

    Bye,
      Henning