Re: ./configure xsane is failing?

From: Mark Parrish (mpmail@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 16:40:44 PDT

    On Friday 20 April 2001 11:15, you wrote:
    > I have a mandrake box, even if it is 7.1, and had similar problems.
    > if you installed libs from rpms you need the following extra rpms:
    > XFree-devel, glib-devel, gtk+-devel, gimp-devel, gimp-libgimp.
    > best the latest versions. try
    > ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/linux/Mandrake/current/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
    > to find them. then add usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and do:
    >
    > ldconfig
    > export PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin
    >
    > this way I have sane and xsane working fine.
    > hth,
    > Ciao,
    > -Massimo Maiurana

    Well everybody upon following the above advice and downloading the latest
    source (0.76) we have a successful and flawless ./configure, make, and make
    install!

    Just for the record this took place on a stock Mandrake 7.2/sane-1.0.3 system
    out of the box.

    Our sincerest best regards to all who both respondend and put up with the
    increase in mailing list traffic over this issue.

    Very much appreciated.

    Marc and Steven