Driver Status, Vuego Brisa 640 USB.

From: Curious Forestweaver (curious@ihug.com.au)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 06:31:38 PDT

     Hi.

     I recently installed one of these critters, and although the model name (
    "FlatbedScanner13" ) and Vendor ( "COLOR" ) both appear in the list of
    recognised scanners in snapscan.h, I can't seem to get Sane to recognise
    the scanner ( I managed to upload the firmware alright, though ).

     This scanner doesn't appear on the supported list, but I'd like it to, so
    can anyone give me some advice on how to code a driver for it? ( Or is
    there something I'm missing about snapscan.conf? Is it supposed to have
    scsi XXX at the top even if the scanners are USB? )

     Incidently, the scanner seems to also power itself down after a while,
    turning its lamp off. Anyone have any idea what this might be?

     I apologise if this is being put on the wrong list.

     Yours,
      Curious.