Re: : trust imagery 1200 wont work with xscanimage "no sane device"

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 10:19:15 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 07:01:08AM +0100, B Patston wrote:
    > Will my scanner work ever it is Trust Imagery 1200 --not the single pass but
    > the 3-pass-- same as Mustek mfs6000cx but cm3 told me there might be a
    > firmware difference.

    If it's really a Mustek 6000CX it should work. Is there any
    information on the back of the scanner (maybe about the "real"
    manufacturer (Mustek) or the model name? The name is "Trust Imagery
    1200" without anything else?

    > he told me to try "find-scanner" but no scanner showed
    > up.

    As find-scanner will find all SCSI scanners there is something wrong
    with your SCSI system. Do you use the original SCSI adapter and which
    SCSI driver do you use?

    There is some information about Mustek scanners and their SCSI adapters
    on http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/ .

    Bye,
      Henning