(no subject)

From: Simon Krix (kinsei@dingoblue.net.au)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 04:29:35 PDT

    Hello,

    Over the last couple of months, I've been idly reverse-engineering the
    protocol of my Canon FB330P parallel port scanner.

    I've got to a point where I can scan a few small images, which is a bit of
    a turning point in the whole project, so I thought I'd write to sane-devel
    and ask if there are any interested people who would like to join forces
    with me.

    These scanners are extremely common in Australia due to their low price.
    They might be related to the (British?) FB620P/FB320P models I see on
    Jonathan Buzzard's webpage.

    You can see how far I've come here:
    http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~kinsei/scanner/scanned_under_linux.png
    (notice how the shades are all wrong.. but it's a good start)

    I can scan images of specific sizes, I can scan greyscale or truecolour,
    and I can dump the data coming back from the scanner into a file.

    Email me directly if you're interested in giving me a hand, particularly
    people with lots of experience with other scanner drivers.

    Also note that this is just a big dirty C file and not a SANE driver in the
    slightest.

    Regards,

    Simon K