Fwd: Re: regarding status of microtek usb linux kernel driver (fwd)

From: Oliver Neukum (Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 04:45:34 PDT

    I got this bug report from a user.
    I think that his remaining first two problems are caused by the backend
    rather than the kernel.
    The third one is kernel related and known.
    Could someone more knowledgable look into it ? (Karsten ?)

    The pictures mentioned I have, but didn't want to post them to the list.

            Regards
                    Oliver Neukum

    Oliver,

    I built kernel 2.4.3, and it certainly is a big improvement; now the
    scanner sort of works, and the system doesn't lock up. BUT there are
    still problems with the Microtek Slimscan C6 USB scanner.

        1. Color images come out with the R, G, B layers offset from one
    another.

        2. A region selected in the preview window seems to be a mirror
    image
           of what you actually get. For example, if you want the upper
    left
           corner, you get the upper right corner.

        3. If asking for a "line art" scan, the scanner gets stuck and
    freezes
           up the program (xsane 0.61) -- but not the whole computer. I can
    unplug
           the scanner and recover. [Do I need to update xsane? I still
    get
           problems 1 & 2 above, maybe 3 too, using xscanimage.]

    Three samples are attached. card.png is a color scan, card-gray.png is
    the same in gray scale. card-gray-sized.png is the same except I marked
    off only the part that should have been my card in the preview window.
    Note that it is just black.