Re: ./configure xsane is failing?

From: Ulrich Deiters (ukd@xenon.pc.Uni-Koeln.DE)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 00:11:23 PDT

    I had the same problems in the beginning (HP workstation under HP-UX 10.20).

    Check the permissions of the sane-config script: It should be executable
    by common users (config tends to make it belong exclusively to root).

    If GIMP, GTK, etc. are not found, inform configure about the locations
    by invoking it with the proper flags
            configure --with-gtk-prefix=where_gtk_is hidden ...
    You find those flags at the beginning of the configure file.

    At least that helped me to get xsane compiled.

    Regards,

    Ulrich