Re: Twain interface

From: Sebastien Sable (Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 03:09:45 PDT

    karsten.festag@t-online.de writes:

    > > But would it be possible to "capture" the SCSI commands sent out
    > > to the scanner by TWAIN ? That would atleast let us get a handle on
    > > whats going on under the hood.
    > Yes, I did this to get information about the commands used to control
    > my Microtek Phantom 330CX (it's a SCSI via parallel port type). I used
    > wine to run a Windows TWAIN application. Wine has to be patched to print
    > out the data that is sent over ASPI.

    So did I to correct a bug in snapscan backend with my model. This is
    very convenient (a little bit 'raw' to read but...). By the way, there
    was a very simple TWAIN client on the twain web site, which worked
    with wine and was able to send any twain command to the driver of the
    scanner, so this was quite practical to find a particular scsi
    command.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé <Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr>
    http://inova.snv.jussieu.fr/~sable/