Re: [snapscan] sane/xscanimage transparency support

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 00:53:54 PDT

    > I thought that this version (1.0.4) would support transparency options
    > with snapscan. Well, I see nothing which is different to my old SuSE 6.4
    > version of xscanimage, if I try it out on my Acer Prisa 620S (without
    > transparency). Is this a dynamic option which only appears when the
    > scanner HAS transparency, or should this option be alwys visible somewhere

    > but simply does not work without transparency?

    The transparency option is only active if the scanner supports it. During
    initialization the scanner is queried and will report if a transparency option
    is connected.

    You can check if the scanner reports a transparency option in xscanimage /
    advanced options / Inquiry, this will dump the scanner information to the
    terminal where you started xscanimage.

    Oliver

    http://www.gmx.net