Re: [dev] New and updated backends (pnm patch)

From: mh (crapsite@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 08:26:42 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz, Son, 08 Apr 2001 :
    > Hi developers,
    >
    > Please, if you are working on a backend that is not included yet into
    > SANE and you think it should be included speak up now. Also, if there
    > are updates to existing backends please inform sane-devel about that.
    > So we have enough time to test and include them before the next
    > version of SANE is released.

    May I, as an ordinary user, suggest the attached mini-patch for the pnm-backend
    (for the case it's still included in Sane-1.0.5)?
    The problem:
    If you type in a valid filename like
      /home/bla/testimage.pnm
    and then delete some characters like
      /home/bla/testimage.p
    SANE_INFO_RELOAD_PARAMS isn't set and therefore the frontends can't
    update their displays correctly. The patch (against pnm.c in Sane-1.0.4) ensures
    that SANE_INFO_RELOAD_PARAMS is set whenever the string changes.

    Michael