saned times out (?)

From: Christoph Doerbeck A242369 (cdoerbec@cso.fmr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 12:42:23 PDT

    Without knowing the exact version of SANE I'm using (installed Dec-Jan) time
    frame, I just want to start by asking:

            Does saned timeout and close connections if not actively used?
            Is it possible that inetd is killing the connection?

    My problem is that I'm using xscanimage as a gimp plugin, and if I scan
    and image, and then allow xscanimage to sit under the rest of my windows
    without using it to scan more images, eventually the plugin crashes.

    Any hints as to what may be going on?

    My server is running sane configured with a network scanner, and then
    the system with the scanner has a Epson 636 USB. Everything works great
    so long as I keep scanning.