RE: pers.: Re: Xsane build problems

From: Collins, Martin (martin.collins@sage.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 02:39:34 PDT

    > I put my howto for sane beginners at:
    >
    > http://www.arrakis.es/~fsanta/sane/howto.html

    I didn't find any typos. The only thing that might confuse is
    you always use a # to denote the shell prompt even when not
    root. Also you specify exact package versions which will get
    out of date pretty quickly.
    I'm not really a beginner but I did have to install the latest
    Sane etc. on a freshish Debian Woody box last week. I found I had
    to install the glib-devel and gtk-devel packages to get a
    successful compile. Also, the gtk-config script was not updated
    so the gimp ./configure failed, thinking the wrong version of gtk
    was installed. So a troubleshooting section might be in order.
    And 12 hours is about right:-)

    Martin

    The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
    and may not represent those of the company.

    This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it
    is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient.
    You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail
    to another person or take copies of it.