Mustek 1200 SP Pro + aha152x + linux 2.4.3 = success

From: Ulrich Hopp (hopp@terminal-beach.de)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 09:12:33 PDT

    For the record :

    SuSE 7.1
    aha1505
    Mustek 1200 SP PRO + TA
    kernel version 2.4.3
    aha152x driver delivered with kernel version 2.4.3
    cvs Tree version 1.11 but (!!) Mustek backend version 1.0.104

    some notes

    kernel 2.4.3 + kernel 2.2.16:

    CVS Tree 1.11 + Mustek backendversion 1.0.105 (as delivered with the CVS )
    doesn't work for me. The scanner tries to scan beyond the physical scanarea.

    To use the TA I had to hardcode the TA_flag in the sources. It seems, that
    there is no special byte for the TA in the result string. But I may be wrong.

    If I use the 36 bit option it only works if I start xscanimage directly (
    e.g. from a terminal box). Then the image is put directly into a file.

    Scanning with 36 bit with xscanimage as a gimp-plugin results in a KDE error
    message, which says that KDE can't handle the output. ( may be due to my KDE
    configuration)

    kernel 2.2.17 - 2.2.19 :

    system hangs if I try scanning with the option quality calibration.

    see you