Re: sane_get_parameters before sane_start

From: Oliver Rauch (
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 13:19:39 PST

    Frederik Ramm wrote:
    > Hi,
    > in the SANE spec it says:
    > > While setting up the device, it is also admissible to call
    > > sane_get_parameters() to get an estimate of what the image
    > > parameters will look like once image acquisition begins.
    > Does that mean in the backend I have to calculate the scan width in
    > pixels, the bytes per line value, etc. every time the user changes an
    > option? Until now, I was planning to do these calculations only once,
    > in sane_start, but that would mean that you'll get meaningless results
    > from sane_get_parameters() unless sane_start has already been called.

    When sane_start has been called sane_egt_parameters has to return
    exact values. sane_get_parameters can be called befor sane_start
    and in this case the values should be correct too, if they are not exact
    that have to be as close as possible to the correct values.

    -- Source code, list archive, and docs: To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail