Re: always Segmentation Fault

From: abel deuring (adeuring@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 12:57:55 PST

    "Christoph H." wrote:

    > Hi, Abel!
    >
    > > This is probably caused by sanei_scsi_open_extended. This function uses
    > > some ioctl calls to detect the version of the SG driver. If the "get
    > > version" ioctl fails, Sane assumes that the oldest SG driver is
    > > installed.
    > > I'd recommend to install a more recent version of the SG driver.
    >
    > Do you think an update from Kernel 2.2.17 to 2.2.18 (latest 2.2) can help?

    Well, I was most puzzled by the fact that Sane does not see a newer SG
    driver for kernel 2.2.17. So it could also help, if you have a look,
    which SG driver is installed for the 2.2.17 kernel. If necessary, you
    can download a recent version from http://www.torque.net/sg .

    You should also make sure, that the header files sg.h and scsi.h in
    /usr/include/scsi/ and /usr/src/linux/include/scsi/ are identical.