Re: xsane; script that converts file names from .tiff to .tif

From: Andreas Rathgeber (rathgeber2000@yahoo.de)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 08:38:41 PST

    Oliver Rauch schrieb:

    > - xsane-win32 does save the files as tif.
    > - with unix you can select filetype "by ext"
    > and enter the filename xyz.tif, this is
    > recognized.

    Hello Oliver,

    I'm really getting mad. I tried this yesterday, but I always
    got the message that an error has occured at saving of the
    file. And today after your answer I tried it again at it
    works.

    But now I know what has changed. Yesterday I tried to save
    my scans to an NT-Share that is mountet on my Linux-System
    with root access. No wonder this didn't worked. Today I've
    saved them to the harddisk of the Linux-System itself. And
    now I'm happy again.

    Bye,
            Andreas Rathgeber