xsane; script that converts file names from .tiff to .tif

From: Andreas Rathgeber (rathgeber2000@yahoo.de)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 11:12:39 PST

    Hello all,

    Is it possible to start a script that converts the filename
    after each scan from .tiff to .tif?
    That's because I'd like to use xsane as scan server for my
    NT program Finereader (an OCR program). The problem is, that
    this program is only able to regognize automatically files
    with the ending .tif. The ending .tiff doesn't work.
    My idea was that I use Xsane mode fax or copy. But the
    problem will be that one copy converts to postscript and the
    fax resolution is to low.

    Regards,
            Andreas Rathgeber