Re: HP5300C - USB-problems?

From: Andrew Williams (andrew@nightshade.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 08:50:26 PST

    On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:32:59AM -0500, Scott Gifford (sgifford@tir.com) wrote:
    > j.steindlberger@gmx.de writes:
    >
    > > Now I get an entry in /proc/scsi/scsi which is definitifly my
    > > scanner, but xscanimage can not find any scanner and the hardware
    > > isn't responding at all.
    >
    > I had to play with buffer sizes quite a bit to get my 5300C recognized
    > at all, but I was still never able to get usable scans out of it.

    This is the same lack of result that I achieved. The scanner is
    recognised but attempting a preview scan results in lots of grinding
    noises and attempting it a second time locks up my machine. It's a shame
    as under Windows the quality is superb...

    I'd be interested for anyone who actually has got it working to post the
    details of their system to see if there's anything obviously different
    to mine:

    Pentium III 733Mhz
    Via Apollo Pro 133 motherboard with uchi USB ports
    Kernel 2.4.1
    Sane 1.04

    I know I've got USB configured properly as my Epson Stylus 680 works
    droolingly well!

             Andrew

    --
    |Andrew Williams | andrew@nightshade.demon.co.uk|