System locks during scan.

From: Brian R. Bainter (bbainter@alpenhaustrekking.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 23:24:15 PST

    Ok, thanks to Oliver, I can now see both my scanner and my CD drives. I
    now have a problem where when I try to make a scan, it works fine in
    preview, but the whole system locks up when I try to make the actual
    scan. It seems like this is probably a memory issue since the scan
    takes more memory than the preview, but that is just my guess. It does
    seem like I read something somewhere (can't find it now though to save
    me) that I may need to increase the SCSI buffer size. If is the case,
    I'm not sure exactly how to do this. Any help or suggestions as to the
    actual problem (if I am wrong about my analysis) would be appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Brian Bainter