Re: Preview problems on Solaris Sparc

From: John Craig (jcraig@agen.ufl.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 13:22:32 PST

    I should try to run it in a debugger, although I'm not quite sure how to do that. I
    tried enabling the pnm "backend" to test scanning from a file, and there were no
    crashes, so this makes me think that the snapscan backend is to blame, although the
    behavior of the pnm backend with respect to previewing is not the same as a real
    backend, since you can't change the scan area. I am trying something else now. We have
    another scanner, a Microtek V6USL, so I will give it a try with that one and see if
    that doesn't improve things...

    Unfortunately, I just tried and it seems to be precipitating a general meltdown . An
    old junky harddrive seems to be failing, so I may have to rebuild the system. Argh!

    John.