Re: support for HP 3400C or 4300C?

From: Dominique Bouix (domimail@tonnikala.org)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 13:18:42 PST

    Hi Jonathan,

    On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 03:51:25PM +0000, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
    > > HP ScanJet 3400C
    > > HP ScanJet 4300C
    >
    > I don't think either of these work well under Linux. Get an Epson, they
    > are the best supported USB scanners under Linux by miles.

    Unfortunately I didn't get your mail before I went to the shop, and I got
    myself a 3400C. As I mentioned in my previous mail, USB scanners aren't an
    option since I don't have a USB port on any machine here.

    About the HP 3400C, at the moment I can't get it to install even under
    Windows.

    I'm really having a bad day!

    //d