Re: Getting compressed B/W image data from Fujitsu M3096GXm scanner

From: Randolph Bentson (bentson@grieg.holmsjoen.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 07:34:10 PST

    On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 01:09:03AM -0500, Armistead, Jason wrote:
    > The fujitsu-m3096g driver that comes with SANE 1.0.4 seems to be a fairly
    > rudimentary driver supporting not much more than the minimum level of base
    > functionality (and I can't really complain since the author no doubt got it
    > to do what he needed and like all of us is probably too busy to devote more
    > time to a "pet project" like SANE)

    Quite correct. Furthermore I couldn't test advanced features since
    I didn't have the hardware to do so.

    If you see any hardware features on the M3096G which I failed to exploit,
    please advise me and I look into adding them to a future driver.

    Randolph Bentson (author of original driver)
    bentson@holmsjoen.com