Re: scanning to cd-rom

From: SCC (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 12:24:15 PST

    Hi.

    Yes, it is the here today gone tomorrow fear with digital stuff that I'm most
    worried about. I can rephotograph the stuff on conventional film and keep it
    alive that way. I suppose that the muliple copies idea is the only way of doing
    it safely. It was only recently that I thought about the long term issues of
    digital archiving and its problems. I have around a hundred 10 x 8 inch sepia
    copies from the first half of last century and they are very delicate. Sane
    does really well in copying the sepia tone as a colour scan so I'm initially
    going to scan them that way. Has anyone tackled a similar project?

    Thanks and I hope that this is not too much off topic, Steve.