Re: Scanner Acer S2W 3300U Vendor:Product= 04a5:20de [LONG]

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 18:31:06 PST

    cbagwell@sprynet.com wrote:

    > sane-devel@mostang.com wrote:
    > > Hi there,
    > > Has anyone get the Scanner Acer S2W 3300U working ?
    >
    > I haven't heard before if anyone has gotten this scanner working. But there is a chance that your in luck. The product response back from the USB driver is that its a "FlatbedScanner 13". This is the same default response back from the newer Acer 640BU scanners.
    >
    > You should check out the snapscan driver web sight and try experementing with that driver to see if it works for you. You probably have a scanner that requires uploading mircocode as well.
    >
    > http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/

    Acer have introduced a number of new models which seem to be 640's in different stylish (read ugly) boxes, with market focused (read silly) names. I doubt this is any more that a flurry of new plastic mouldings, so they probably do all run the 640 code, without
    modification. Of course they may be running a latest edition of the 640 code, and wonderful new problems are possible.

    Regards,
    Steve