Re: Pb with listing devices when no root

From: Le Loarer Loic (loic.le-loarer@polytechnique.org)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 11:29:40 PST

    On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 07:47:30PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 12:35:47PM +0100, Le Loarer Loic wrote:
    > > SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=255 scanimage -L 2>dbg.log
    > > has no output.
    >
    > That means that the Mustek backend wasn't loaded at all. You may find
    > out more with SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255.
    >
    > > Why doesn't it find the configuration file ? It has been placed in /etc/sane.d
    > > by the make install as I asked in the configure option.
    >
    > I don't know. I just tried ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc and
    > everything worked as advertized. What exactly did you do?

    What you say ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc

    > If you look at "man sane-mustek" you will see where the programs look
    > for the config files (section FILES).

    Well, with the line export SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/etc/sane.d, seen in man
    sane-mustek, it works well :
    [leloar@alibaba ~]$ scanimage -L
    device `pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device `pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
    device `mustek:/dev/scanner' is a Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP flatbed scanner

    I don't know why he doesn't find the config dir alone but as it is ok why this
    litle help, I'll do why it.

    Thank you for the help

    --
    Loïc

    mel : loic.le-loarer@polytechnique.org toile : http://www.le-loarer.org/

    "heaven is not a place, it's a feeling" "Il y a 3 catégories de mathématiciens. Ceux qui savent compter, et ceux qui ne savent pas."