xsane-win32 as gimp plugin - work in progress.

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 15:40:27 PST

    Status of xsane-win32 (windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME):

    I am working on the gimp plugin-mode for xsane-win32.
    It already does partly work. Some minor problems are
    existing, but I am already able to scan an image into
    the gimp-win32.

    When that is done xsane-win32 does support almost all
    functions of xsane for unix:
    - scan and save utility
    - copy utility (local scanners do work now via ghostscript)
    - helpfiles do work now
    - gimp plugin (soon)

    The recent version (xsane-win32-0.67) can be downloaded from

            http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-xsane-win32.html

    (without gimp plugin support)

    I am looking for people who have the time and want to play
    a bit with the copy and the fax mode:

    in the moment the copy mode only does support local printers
    as far as I was able to test it. I tested it with ghostscript
    and selected my printer as device (sDEVICE=laserjet).
    There also is a printer "win32prn" (or something like that)
    that enables a connection to the windows printer dialog
    (use gswin32 instead of gswin32c) but I was not able to find
    how/if this works.

    The fax mode is not tested at all. May be this can be done
    with a faxprinter via ghostscript, may be there is a fax program
    that can read postscript files.

    If you find out anything interesting, please send feedback.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch