Re: sane-pre1-1.0.4 available

From: Eugene Kanter (eugene@KAHTEP.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 15:47:34 PST

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > Hi Eugene,
    >
    > it's me who cared about the frontends.
    >
    > You can not compile sane-frontends without sane-backends.
    > It is the same as if you would like to compile gimp without gtk.
    > You need a sane-backend library to run a sane frontend.

    The gtk is a little bit more whidespread though.

    Could you or someone make a change in configure so it can look at
    ../sane-backends for the needed libraries if ones are not installed on the
    system?

    However if frontends is going to be a completely different application
    with different relese cycle then we can just impose a requirement in rpm
    spec file. Currently red hat .spec file has a requirement for tetex-latex
    (for make ps -C doc).

    The whole reason for this is that I am trying to package an RPM. Before
    sane-1.0.3 contained both and there is a package sane-1.0.3 in RedHat 7.0.

    Since sane has been split now what names should be used for appropriate
    RPM (and debian) packages?

    Eugene