Re: HP5300C mini HowTo

From: Oliver Neukum (Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 15:00:02 PST

    > > 2) Limiting the buffer: Do you have any other SCSI devices ?
    >
    > Nope. Well, when I use it, I use ide-scsi for my CD writer, but
    > that modules is normally (and at time of test) not even loaded.
    > What's the influence of having other devices? I realize there's
    > probably a better way to get things working, this was just what
    > worked as a quick hack.

    The microtek and consequently usb-scsi don't implement
    scatter/gather. Thus the kernel gives out a smaller buffer.
    I was under the impression that SANE detects that, unless
    there is a SCSI host controller that implements
    scatter/gather in addition to the scanner.
    If that's not the case the issue is a lot more serious.

            Regards
                    Oliver Neukum