SuSE 7.0 and scanners

From: kate@kens.com
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 09:42:52 PST

    Having exhausted the few solutions I found (that were within my minimal
    capabilities) to resolve the I/O error I am getting trying to run a
    Microtek E3 on SuSE 7.0, I am about ready to toss it out the window and
    buy something that will work.

    Any suggestions from the floor for an affordably priced scanner, that is
    likely to *actually* work with this distro? I'm interested in hearing from
    someone who actually has one working. Not working as in "recompile sane
    without some patch, first" working, but plug it in and follow the
    directions working. Spare me the suggestion to read the documentation,
    please. I have found on three occassions now, that what is listed for
    linux under the documentation would not work, or did not work reliably.
    (one modem, one video card, and now this.)

    I have a pentiumII standard IDE
    SSCI card advansys revA ASC 3150c

    --
    Kate