Re: RH 7.0 server for Xsane Win32

From: Matt Mozur (matt.mozur@sourwood.net)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 21:47:00 PST

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> > # default: off
> > local\
> > # scanner via the local network.
>
> These are just comments? (I don't know xinetd :-)
> What do you mean by local network? Only localhost or the whole net?

Yes, you are right, these are comments... as for the
comments themselves,
well those are just a lame excuse for a description of
saned's function :-) My intention was to describe a Linux
system with attached scanner serving clients connected via
network(s).

I, too, am not really familiar with xinetd, but at first
glance it offers one
major advantage over inetd, and that is it's logging
capability. I didn't bother with this feature in my
configuration, but it looks like it could be useful in
debugging or security monitoring. It is possible to log
messages from xinted and from the services it spawns.

> > Maybe, the man page for SANED should be updated?
>
> I will do that.

Thanks!