Re: Snapscan 310 resolution problem

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 09:22:18 PST

    sane-devel@mostang.com wrote:
    > A few weeks ago, I had a colour problem with my Snapscan 310 SCSI. >Afterinstalling sane-1.0.3 and the latest snapscan-backend, the . > colour
    > problem has disappeared and it now works "in part":

    > The scanning results in geyscale and color are fine. Unfortunately, > the
    > scanner makes a rattling noise while scanning on the whole range of
    > "Greyscale lines per read".

    I haven't heard of this problem before. Not sure what could be causing it. Perhaps a scsi driver problem there???

    > In colour mode the scanner works fine up > to
    > a resolution of 150 dpi. With the resolution at 200 dpi and 300 dpi > the
    > scanner just hangs when klicking on the Scan button.

    If its been a couple of weeks then you will want to grab the latest
    version of CVS as of 11-27-00. That includes an update for colour
    mode at higher resolutions (at least for my scanner). With my
    scanner, starting around 300 dpi the scanner can lock up right
    at the beginng when it calles mesasure_transfer_rate. You can
    verify this yourself by setting SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN to 255.

    Anyways, there is a workaround for the problem in current CVS.
    Hopefully, someone will have time to look into it better since
    the current fix could cause invalid expected byte calcs and cause
    the scanner to lock up in other places.

    Chris