OK, now it's time for feature freeze. Please don't add new backends or
add new features to existing backends now. Bugfixes and documentation
updates are OK.
Please test your backends (scanimage -T) and try scanning with
Please test on all available platforms/operating systems (and report
There are two known bugs:
* Compilation breaks on *BSD due to O_SYNC in artec.c
* Compilation breaks on Irix due to problems with the jpeg library
Both will be fixed soon.
Code freeze will be on 2000-12-11 (Monday) if no major bugs are found
The current NEWS file looks like this (please update if necessary):
New with 1.0.4, released ????-??-??:
* New backends: as6e, nec, pie.
* Updated backends: avision (v0.2.1), epson (v0.1.35), hp (v0.88), mustek
(v1.0-100), mustek_pp (v0.9-devel), plustek (v0.37), sharp (v0.32), umax
* Moved frontends xscanimage and xcam to a new package (sane-frontends).
* Added authentification with encrypted passwords.
* Installation of shared libraries on AIX is supported now.
* Better debug output on platforms not supporting vararg macros.
* Better documentation about SANE devicenames.
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Nov 27 2000 - 11:20:48 PST