Excessive Warnings from CVS build

From: Michael Vanecek (mike@mjv.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 22:29:02 PST

    I'm using GCC 2.95.1 and when building the latest CVS I get tons of
    "warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic" - The gcc isn't
    the stock one that came with my RH7.2 dist, but one I installed later
    and have been using successfully for months. Has there been another
    update that allows this, or is this just a product of CVS development
    that will clear up when the next sane version is released?

    Mike