Re: Linux Support for Current Microtek Scanners

From: kwlee (kwlee88@tpts5.seed.net.tw)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 16:24:53 PST

    > If you are talking USB, you need to talk to me.
    > Current status might be interresting to you.
    > X6 basically works, but is buggy.
    > No other USB scanner you make is known to
    > work. In fact two models are known not to work.

    This is pretty good that someone else talking about USB scanners!
    As you maybe know i implemented Visioneer 8600 USB scanner
    by modifying kernel usb/scanner.c and all backend parts

    Since the original usb/scanner.c only implement read/write bulks, this is
    definitely not enough for most of currently usb scanners, and this could be
    the main reason that so few usb linux drivers for usb scanners.

    I modify the usb/scanner.c according to the kernel driver in MS WINDOWS
    or the usbscan.sys inorder to have same data structure as ISV use, so people
    can speak same language about usb scanners.Anyway, my effort is still not
    enough, we still need people join in to make usb/scanner.c full functional.

    If you are interested about the effort i do about usb/scanner.c, please:
    www.abaforum.es/martim/bird/otlinux.htm
    Note, I'm going to move the web to other place...

    kw