QuiteInsane

From: mh (moloch@nikocity.de)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 08:47:36 PDT

    I'm proudly announcing a very unstable and unreliable piece of software
    called "QuiteInsane":)
    "QuiteInsane" is (or will become) a graphical frontend for SANE, based on
    Qt2.2.x. Please get your "all bugs inclusive" copy for free at:
    http://dicker.bierbauch.de/nexus

    A little more serious:
    I would like to ask, whether someone on this list wants to do some tests.
    The program works halfway stable with my OpticPro 600P (plustek backend) and
    the pnm backend. The problem now is, that I can't do further tests, since I
    only have this old parallel port scanner.

    "QuiteInsane" requires Qt version 2.2.0 or 2.2.1. Please don't expect that
    it runs or even compiles on your system. It isn't a fully functional
    frontend yet, and it's far away from being in compliance with the SANE
    Standard. It still contains a lot of bugs, hacks and inconsistencies. But
    without further tests, it probably will remain in this state forever. The
    tarball has a size of about 242 kB, therefore it shouldn't be too
    time-consuming to download and install it (at least, if you already have
    installed Qt).
    Please send bug reports,comments and flames to moloch@nikocity.de, not to
    the list.

    It would be nice, if at least some of you could give it a try:-)
    Thanks in advance,

    Michael